Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.--Seneca
- (Added by: tea42)

What's the average cost of raising a child in Russia (SPB) per month?
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Living in RussiaMessage format

tom2000
Posted 2019-02-08 12:31 PM (#116370)
Subject: What's the average cost of raising a child in Russia (SPB) per month?
New User

I know there are "a lot of variables," but I'm curious about this and would like to know what would be some typical amounts. Say in St. Petersburg for elementary-age or older children, not spending exorbitant amounts of money (living more as a Russian than a westerner) - living in a decent neighborhood, buying food from local supermarkets and cooking at home, buying basic clothing from local shops, etc., what would be a reasonable figure?

And, how much less might it be if you were living in a small village in the oblast?

Thanks
Mel
Posted 2019-02-26 9:35 AM (#117324 - in reply to #116370)
Subject: RE: What's the average cost of raising a child in Russia (SPB) per month?

Expert

tom2000 - 2019-02-08 5:31 PMI know there are "a lot of variables," but I'm curious about this and would like to know what would be some typical amounts. Say in St. Petersburg for elementary-age or older children, not spending exorbitant amounts of money (living more as a Russian than a westerner) - living in a decent neighborhood, buying food from local supermarkets and cooking at home, buying basic clothing from local shops, etc., what would be a reasonable figure?And, how much less might it be if you were living in a small village in the oblast?Thanks

Hi and welcome, sorry for the slow response.
Raising a child costs, its about the same as asking how long is a piece of string, I know families with children who live off a low salary, and others who have a bit larger salary, all seem to be doing ok, kids are well dressed and fed, they all manage to live within their means.
Similarly, village folk also seem to be managing pretty well.
I've rarely seen children anywhere who "look" as if their parents are surviving on the bread line.
Costs vary between cities and villages with the latter seemingly being more expensive for things like food and clothing that the former.
As a guide, I would suggest that clothing in Russia is on a similar price level as the UK, there are cheaper shops as there are mid-range to expensive shops.
I would also suggest that living in a village where a garden producing much of the weekly produce during the season is a healthier option than city living unless a dacha is also within the family, as food stuffs are in the majority a tad more expensive in villages than the cities.
Hope this helps..
Sokol
Posted 2019-03-01 10:13 PM (#117362 - in reply to #116370)
Subject: Re: What's the average cost of raising a child in Russia (SPB) per month?
Veteran

The simplistic way to estimate average cost of raising a child in Russia as follows. Russian authorities take 25% of each parent monthly salary in case of payment of alimony. Average salary in St. Petersburg is 47000 rubles. Hence take half of this and you will receive average cost of raising a child in St. Petersburg.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)