Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Are you in need of any intenenational Doccument such as; PASSPORT, VISA, DRIVER LISCENCE, RESIDENT PERMIT, IELST AND TOELF CERTIFICATES, ID CARDS, BIRTH AND MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES, contact us (Watsapp: +237675392944 or Email: jm153366@gmail.com)
- (Added by: JBmorgan)

A few Suzdal questions
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

HankStamper
Posted 2013-01-15 10:01 PM (#55095)
Subject: A few Suzdal questions
New User

Greetings, all. First post here, as I'm putting together a first trip to Russia for our family for this summer. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

We're planning to visit Suzdal, for 3 nights, arriving and departing via train to/from Vladimir. I know there's a bus from Vladimir to Suzdal, but with a group it seems worth paying for a taxi to shorten the trip. We'll be arriving on a Sunday evening train from Moscow. Looking at Real Russia's estimated (more than 45 days ahead) schedule, there would be arrivals on fast trains (for same ticket price as slow trains) at 18:50 (train 154) and 21:15 (on the Sapsan, train 174). For more time in Moscow I'd actually prefer the later arrival if we can count on an easy transfer to our Suzdal hotel. I've tried contacting that hotel, but it's a small one ("Cherry Garden" ie "Vishnevy Sad") and doesn't answer, and perhaps is closed for the season. Is there a taxi stand at the Vladimir train station, or any contact you'd recommend to make advance arrangements for a taxi to Suzdal? Do I need to take the earlier train to avoid problems?

Also, our 7th business day in Russia will occur during that stay in Suzdal. Before that we're staying a few nights in a peer-to-peer non-serviced rental apartment in Moscow. I understand there's no need to deal with FMS migration registration until we get to Suzdal given the timing. But I'd be more comfortable if I could be sure the Cherry Garden in Suzdal will handle registration. Again, they're not answering emails. Can I safely assume that any hotel that's sufficiently oriented to the international tourist trade to advertise on and accept bookings through booking.com will be set up to handle FMS migration registration?

Edited by HankStamper 2013-01-15 10:03 PM
Chris
Posted 2013-01-16 7:52 AM (#55108 - in reply to #55095)
Subject: Re: A few Suzdal questions

Expert

Hi and welcome

Yes, there are always taxis at train stations though not usually in an offical stand, just in the car park at the front or outside on the curb - you can always contact our travel team who will help with the taxi on arrival if required and they will meet you at any train required.

Its not unusual for a small hotel not to reply to client requests by email, but in answer to your question, yes the hotel should register your visa as part of check in process if it is an "official" and not "mini-hotel" - just as a point, we also book hotels and more often than not are 10% or so cheaper than booking.com and we provide free visa support .... just a thought

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)