Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I have to admit that I don't even try to speak Russian, though I understand it perfectly. I wouldn't want to insult the language by testing out my pronunciations - Lana Wood
- (Added by: Chris)

I have a visa question regarding M-I-L (Mother-In Law, you filthy lot!)
Moderators: nickomsk, Chris, TonyH, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> UK visasMessage format

Nina
Posted 2019-04-06 7:19 PM (#119040)
Subject: I have a visa question regarding M-I-L (Mother-In Law, you filthy lot!)
Veteran

Hello all, it's been a while, I hope everyone is well.
I think I already know the answer, but... my husband and I would like to try and bring his mum here in the UK. For how long?... well, as long as possible really. She is quite old and is pretty much on her own in Volgograd. Obviously, she won't be beholden to the NHS or any other public funded stuff but, I lost my own mum a few years ago and it broke me, completely! It's mainly my idea because I know how important mums are, and basically, we want her here. So... can anyone tell us about what to do? My eyesight is bad, so can't spend time reading and reading all the stuff I need to know. Those in the 'know' may laugh at this and the chances of it being possible (one being fat!) but I thought I should ask... worth a try!! Thank you all in advance for your outpouring of advice x
Mel
Posted 2019-04-08 6:03 PM (#119063 - in reply to #119040)
Subject: Re: I have a visa question regarding M-I-L (Mother-In Law, you filthy lot!)

Expert

Ninusha honey, how nice to see you again, its been a long time..
About your question, I feel that you are going to have severe problems with your task as the UK Govt isn't interested in bringing in OAP's.
The best advice I feel will be to try and get her a visitors visa for 6 months, then another, followed by a third, then apply for a longer 2 yr visa.
All of this will not allow her to reside in the UK on a permanent basis, but back and forth on shorter visits will need to be the norm I'm afraid..
Its gonna costalot, as you can guess.
Hope this help.
Stay healthy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)