Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Law is a flag and gold is the wind that makes it wave - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Moving to France.
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> All other visa topicsMessage format

Gazval
Posted 2013-02-12 10:52 PM (#56041)
Subject: Moving to France.
New User

Hello everybody!
My name is Gareth and I am new here, I am really hoping (unlikely as it is!)that somebody here may have been through the same process which I am about to undertake with my very soon to be Russian wife......
We will marry on June 29th 2013 in the UK, we have negotiated the application for "visitor of marriage visa' and are awaiting a reply.... but we are already looking, and have been for some time at our future prospects of living together legally.
I am a UK citizen and thanks to the new monetary threshold required to remain in the UK the door has been firmly shut for us, we have considered various EU countries and settled upon France as the place to move to and start a life together.
Neither of us are professionals, but I have already managed to secure work and accommodation in Chamonix from August 2013. After we marry in June, Valeriya will return to Russia to register our marriage and translate the certificate as well as all other important documents into french. It is our intention that Valeriya will join me in October/November. But we are ensure how exactly to get her there, legally. It is my understanding that she will require a long term visa in order for her to apply for a residency card once she joins me.
First of all, can anybody confirm if she will require this visa? I have read that she may legally join me as my wife and the only documents she will require when applying for a residency card are those which prove I am exercising my EU rights, ie proof of employment, accommodation and proof that I have legal status in France.
We looked at the application process for a long stay visa for her to enter France and the application asks for proof that she has a job offer already as well as some accommodation arranged. But this does not seem right to me, maybe I am missing something?
As she will not already have a job offer, this application form is difficult to fill in.
I was hoping that she could simply enter France with her shenghan visa and then join me and we could apply for her residence card with prefecture. But from my reading, she can only apply for a residency card if she has a long term visa (category D) in her passport. But from other reading, it seems to me that she should just be able to join me as my wife without applying for a visa.
Can anybody offer a link detailing information about this issue or information concerning the application process for her to get to France to join me, ie what type of visa she will require, where she needs to apply, cost, length of time of the process etc and if anybody knows somewhere we can view the application form in English?
Thank you so much for reading my post and we thank you in advance for your replies,
Kind regards,
Gareth & Valeriya :-)
y-ola
Posted 2013-02-13 9:43 AM (#56044 - in reply to #56041)
Subject: RE: Moving to France.

Elite Veteran

once you are working in France the Maire in chamoix you go and apply to for your eu visa for your wife , she is called to the french consular Moscow visa issue no fee as far as I can remember .

But you must be paid in France with siret number , and all necessary French social documents and items from the tresor public !

I lived there 10 years , my mistake was returning to the UK from near where you say you got work , hope its not a english firm paying you in the UK if so you may have a problem !!

Do not expect it all in English if your in France then you both will need at least basic french language
also check as some info there:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/citizenship/docs/guide_free_mo...

http://www.haute-savoie.pref.gouv.fr/

http://www.haute-savoie.pref.gouv.fr/Demarches-administratives/etra...

if you want you can phone me or skype to discuss it further!

Edited by y-ola 2013-02-13 9:54 AM
Gazval
Posted 2013-02-14 5:11 AM (#56061 - in reply to #56041)
Subject: Re: Moving to France.
New User

Hello y-ola,
Thank you very much for your reply, now it seems to make sense to me. But I just have a couple more questions that maybe you could answer pleas? :-)
So, if once I have been working I simply need to take this evidence to the nearest prefecture and request that the French consulate in Russia (St Petersburg) invites Valeriya along for an interview and the she will be granted the rehired visa to enter France and join me? Am I correct in understanding that? i wonder if you know what exactly the French consulate in Russia will ask of Valeriya, will she need to prove that she has funds, a job waiting, or that she is able to speak French or will she simply just need to prove our relationship via a translated and apostled marriage certificate?

Also, do you know how long exactly I will need to be working before I can make the application for her to join me, I was hoping that after I get my first pay cheque that it will be enough evidence to prove that I am exercising my EU rights, as well as a tenancy agreement and proof of our relationship.

just to confirm, I will be working for a French company and I will have a french bank account in place. It all seems a little simple to be true to be honest??!!!

I would love to talk to you in person about this and thank you for your kind offer, however at the moment I am on the other side of a world working on a cruise ship, that is how we met and where we are right now, at least for another 5 weeks, but I hope that when I return home the offer may still stand, I would love to discuss this further on Skype with you if you could find the time?

As I am sure you well know, we only have one chance to get the whole process correct so I am just trying to gather as much information as possible so that I know where I stand before we take the plunge!!!!

Thank you so much again,
Regards,
Gareth & Valeriya :-)
y-ola
Posted 2013-02-16 12:22 PM (#56096 - in reply to #56061)

Elite Veteran

ok you take it to the Maire ! then it goes from there on to French Consulate in Moscow and they set a time for the meeting! Question used to be quite genetic.
I at present am trying to get back into France and Haute Savoie and apply for the spouse visa as EU citizen. It is far more financially better to do it in France than via UK you will save thousand of pounds !!

Contact me when you can and perhaps we can help each other in this!

Are you are the Star ship cruise?
y-ola
Posted 2013-02-20 4:38 PM (#56172 - in reply to #56096)

Elite Veteran

suggestion get married in Russia ! do NOT bring your wife to the UK till after she has joined you and got the eu documents of a spouse . I say this having got a call from European Commission on Sunday advising on latest updates.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)