Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Tell me who's your friend and I'll tell you who you are - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Moscow
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

DITTRICH
Posted 2020-04-27 2:06 PM (#124999)
Subject: Moscow
Regular

A family member (russian british dual national) in London today received some dreaded news about their aged parents both being taken to hospital with CV19 over the weekend. There seems to be only wizz air claiming to fly direct from mid May. Also, I'm keen for a 2nd opinion on any quarantine regs in Moscow for people arriving from abroad. Any help or advice gladly received.
Les
y-ola
Posted 2020-04-27 10:02 PM (#125000 - in reply to #124999)
Subject: Re: Moscow

Elite Veteran

minimum 14 days quaranteen on arrival, but also Moscow is in lockdown too

Edited by y-ola 2020-04-27 10:04 PM
Mel
Posted 2020-04-28 6:32 AM (#125001 - in reply to #124999)
Subject: RE: Moscow

Expert

Hi there D, long time no see, hope that all is well with you and yours..
As already stated, Moscow, and St P's are in total lockdown..
Russian airspace is closed for all incoming international passenger flights with the exception of repatriation flights who's passengers are required to be quarantined for 2 weeks, normally in a hotel near the relevant airport.
Airspace will not be re-opened until there is some sort of surety that the virus is under strict control.
Word from senior Aeroflot figures is that re-opening is expected to be late June/early July.
Wizzair may be selling tickets, but their flights times/dates are controlled by Russian airspace reopening.
With regard to family members being in isolation hospital in Moscow, sad unfortunately, but from the UK, there is little that one can do I'm afraid.
Contrary to MSM reports, there is plenty of bed spaces for virus patients in all of Moscow's designated isolation hospitals, and more than enough ventilators and masks.
Testing is a problem as the reliability of said tests is under investigation from what I understand..
The reported Death rate is approx. 0.5% of confirmed hospitalised patients, the main problem with older folks seems to be other serious underlying health problems which I would think is the same world wide.
I hope that this helps you, and that your folks emerge from hospitalisation in good health..
Sorry that I cannot be of more help at this time...
Stay safe..
DITTRICH
Posted 2020-04-28 6:19 PM (#125002 - in reply to #124999)
Subject: Re: Moscow
Regular

Dear y-ola and Mel,
Thanks for the replies. Very useful information. I haven't been as active on here as maybe I should have but there were very few questions about going on holiday to Russia by car! The parking regulations in Moscow made things much more difficult since 2014-ish, and registering a foreign car temporarily for the parking app system they have now looked somewhat challenging, or getting off street parking sorted out for the duration of my stay. I still check in now and again. One thing is for sure, the Terehova-Buratchki crossing is going to be much quieter this year - if I go. We were supposed to have a teplohod cruise sorted out but now who knows? Hope all you regulars are still OK - I do recognise the userids.
Kind Regards,
Les
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)