Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Not all who make love make marriages - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Visa renewal
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Russian visasMessage format

Grahamski
Posted 2020-05-24 9:23 AM (#125012)
Subject: Visa renewal
Veteran

Hi all,
Apologies if these questions have been asked before,
1) I read on a website recently that non Russian nationals with a Russian
Spouse would be allowed to travel to Russia, I assume on a repatriation
Flight (if available). The requirements were proof of marriage & a valid visa

2) How long before my current business visa expires can I apply for a renewal

All comments would be appreciated.

Grahamski
Mel
Posted 2020-05-25 6:07 PM (#125020 - in reply to #125012)
Subject: RE: Visa renewal

Expert

Grahamski - 2020-05-24 2:23 PM Hi all, Apologies if these questions have been asked before, 1) I read on a website recently that non Russian nationals with a Russian Spouse would be allowed to travel to Russia, I assume on a repatriation Flight (if available). The requirements were proof of marriage & a valid visa 2) How long before my current business visa expires can I apply for a renewal All comments would be appreciated. Grahamski

Hi, good to see you, hope that you are staying virus free...

With regard to Q1, I believe that this was only for those foreigners resident in Russia who had taken a holiday abroad with their spouse.

Q2, Should you apply for a new BV at this time, your old Visa would be cancelled when the new one is issued, all would naturally depend upon your last visa's record of days in Russia if you understand what I mean..

I heard elsewhere that the Russian consulate in the Uk was not issuing visa's at this time, but how true this is, I do not know...
Grahamski
Posted 2020-05-27 1:02 PM (#125022 - in reply to #125012)
Subject: Re: Visa renewal
Veteran

Hi Mel,
Thanks for the reply, I get the feeling that flights will probably be back on about the time I want to travel Jun/Jul. However another question that pops to mind is:
If I travel on a multiple entry business visa that expires in August, do I need to leave in order to re-new the visa or is it possible to re-new whilst in Russia?

Attached is a link to a good website for information I came across. https://rus.rusemb.org.uk/consnews/376
Mel
Posted 2020-05-27 8:24 PM (#125023 - in reply to #125022)
Subject: Re: Visa renewal

Expert

Grahamski - 2020-05-27 6:02 PM Hi Mel, Thanks for the reply, I get the feeling that flights will probably be back on about the time I want to travel Jun/Jul. However another question that pops to mind is: If I travel on a multiple entry business visa that expires in August, do I need to leave in order to re-new the visa or is it possible to re-new whilst in Russia? Attached is a link to a good website for information I came across. https://rus.rusemb.org.uk/consnews/376

In short, I could not say..
One would presume maybe incorrectly that one must leave the country to renew any visa..
Maybe best if you seek RR's assistance on this..
About when flights will resume for international destinations, well, that's still up in the hands of the powers that be, they are still talking about staying closed until at least July, possible even Aug, I get the feeling that they don't want people flying off anywhere and returning contaminated with some sort of virus..
HTH
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)