Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: You only know me as you see me, not as I actually am (Kant - paraphrase)
- (Added by: Chris)

Sending large packages to Russia
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Everything else -> General discussionMessage format

Moz
Posted 2021-08-17 1:05 AM (#125157)
Subject: Sending large packages to Russia
Regular

Hello,

I need to arrange to send possessions back to Russia and I wasn't sure how to go about it. It's mainly clothes and shoes but also a couple of laptops, which I understand won't be possible to send via Parcel Force, for example. The clothes and shoes would be multiple packages (two, I guess, if the limit is 30kg each).

I did note there is the "returning citizen" option but I wasn't able to find much on it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Moz
Mel
Posted 2021-08-17 6:43 PM (#125158 - in reply to #125157)
Subject: RE: Sending large packages to Russia

Expert

Moz - 2021-08-17 6:05 AM Hello, I need to arrange to send possessions back to Russia and I wasn't sure how to go about it. It's mainly clothes and shoes but also a couple of laptops, which I understand won't be possible to send via Parcel Force, for example. The clothes and shoes would be multiple packages (two, I guess, if the limit is 30kg each). I did note there is the "returning citizen" option but I wasn't able to find much on it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Moz

Hi Moz, long time no see.. 

Re packages to Ru, I will get some, what I hope will be good info for you, hopefully by this weekend.. 

Re, "Returning residents", yep, have heard about it, but it depends upon which area the returning person is going to, as not all areas are supporting this these days, can you give an indication of place of interest, and again, will get back to you soon..

Unfortunately cannot do anything any earlier due to other things going on at this time..

Stay hralthy.. 

Moz
Posted 2021-08-17 7:40 PM (#125159 - in reply to #125157)
Subject: Re: Sending large packages to Russia
Regular

Hi,

It would be Vyazniki, so between Vladimir and Nizhny Novgorod, aka the middle of nowhere.

Thanks,

Moz
Mel
Posted 2021-08-22 10:31 AM (#125160 - in reply to #125159)

Expert

Moz - 2021-08-18 12:40 AM Hi, It would be Vyazniki, so between Vladimir and Nizhny Novgorod, aka the middle of nowhere. Thanks, Moz

I know of the place... LOL

I have some good news for you and some bad, sorry...

It seems tha Russia has now ceased the returning residents project, you can however, contact the local administration in Vyazniki and investigate if they still offer any assistance to returning residents... (I know that some places, mostly in the far east do help if they can).

Ref post to Russia, we use the following..

Shipping to Russia, Ukraine and Worldwide - Ukay Express

We have used them for a few years no, and find them good, nothing has ever gone astray, I suggest that you call them and explain exactly what you want to send, and they will give you the best advice, they have certainly been very helpful to us, and their charges are much better than elsewhere in our opinion..

You must list everything that is in the packages, as you/receiver will be liable for any import duties, yes, even on second hand stuff, but if you put on the customs decloration that they are he personal belongs of Mr/Mrs Abcdefski, and is a returning resident, you may get them through without any payment.. 

I hope very much that this assists you in some way, and once again I apologise for the delay, its been a sh1t week..

If there is anything else that I can help you with, I come here at least once a week, as time allows, just ask away.. 

Take care and stay healthy.. 

Moz
Posted 2021-08-22 7:42 PM (#125161 - in reply to #125157)
Regular

Hi Mel,

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I am surprised anyone knows of Vyazniki 😂 Actually, I did like it there and it's a shame I will never return but there is a huge world to explore 😀

Stay safe,

Moz
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)