Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The calmer you go, the further along you will be - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Visa Registration in Crimea?
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

ShrewsburyMark
Posted 2014-09-02 6:34 AM (#63030)
Subject: Visa Registration in Crimea?
Regular

I have been in Crimea for 6 days and am here another 6. Both the hotels I have stayed at don't know anything about registering visas, apparently it wasn't neccessary when it was part of Ukraine. There are elections on 14th Sept and they think things may change after that.

Does anyone know about this?

Mark

ShrewsburyMark
Posted 2014-09-08 9:07 PM (#63076 - in reply to #63030)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration in Crimea?
Regular

Update.

Ended up going to UMFS in Yalta but they wouldn't do it because we were leaving town next day. Finally in Koktebel managed to get it done (outside the 7 days) and delivered back to hotel at midnight before I leave at 3am at a cost of $100.

and then I was passing through passport control in Moscow (SVO) the immigration offer didn't even want to see it, just the visa and landing card!!!
GaryM
Posted 2014-09-09 12:33 PM (#63080 - in reply to #63076)
Subject: Re: Visa Registration in Crimea?
Expert

$100 seems a bit steep. I guess it was an agency trying to take advantage of your situation.

Immigration control aren't usually interested in the visa registration. If you don't do it however you do risk the possibility of problems with
your next visa so it's always best to get it done for peace of mind if nothing else.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)