Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The secret of boring people lies in telling them everything - Anton Chekhov
- (Added by: Chris)

How should I plan my trip to make sure I am covered for visa registration?
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

nigella
Posted 2015-02-01 10:00 AM (#63910)
Subject: How should I plan my trip to make sure I am covered for visa registration?
New User

Any advice would be appreciated: I am concerned that our current itinerary won't allow us to register our visas on time. Here is our planned itinerary:

15/07 Arrive in Irkutsk by train (from Ulaan Bator)
Take bus to Listyvanka and stay for 3 nights before getting bus back to Irkutsk
18/07 Depart Irkutsk by train for Moscow (arriving in Moscow on 21/07)

The place we are looking at staying in in in Listyvanka does not appear to offer visa registration services. Would we be better off spending our first night in Irkutsk in order to get visas registered before moving on to Listvyanka, or can we wait until we get to Moscow (we arrive in Moscow on the morning of what will be our 7th business day in Russia)?
Ryan91
Posted 2015-02-02 3:09 PM (#63920 - in reply to #63910)
Subject: Re: How should I plan my trip to make sure I am covered for visa registration?
Regular

I'm not 100% sure but I thought you only needed to register your visa if you visited a city and stayed for longer than 7 days in one particular place???
I never worried too much about visa registration as no one ever seemed to check (or care whether I was registered or not). So I'd say just register in Moscow! I think on one occasion when I visited Russia on a business visa I registered after about 20 working days and no one questioned this. Better late than never!
Mel
Posted 2015-02-07 9:48 AM (#63945 - in reply to #63910)
Subject: RE: How should I plan my trip to make sure I am covered for visa registration?

Expert

nigella - 2015-02-01 3:00 PM Any advice would be appreciated: I am concerned that our current itinerary won't allow us to register our visas on time. Here is our planned itinerary: 15/07 Arrive in Irkutsk by train (from Ulaan Bator) Take bus to Listyvanka and stay for 3 nights before getting bus back to Irkutsk 18/07 Depart Irkutsk by train for Moscow (arriving in Moscow on 21/07) The place we are looking at staying in in in Listyvanka does not appear to offer visa registration services. Would we be better off spending our first night in Irkutsk in order to get visas registered before moving on to Listvyanka, or can we wait until we get to Moscow (we arrive in Moscow on the morning of what will be our 7th business day in Russia)?

All hotels have a legal obligation to register you....

You cannot register yourself, the people who invited you, or who you stay with are the ones other than hotels who must register you...

I see no problem waiting until you arrive in Moscow before you register, but you must be able to show train tickets etc if requested...

Real Russia are also able to register you for the whole duration of your visit to Russia if you wish, an alternative which may solve your problem and ease any worries which you may have....

HTH.. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)