Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The greatest wisdom is to realize one's lack of it - Konstantin Stanislavsky
- (Added by: Chris)

Hermitage Free Entry Day
Moderators: Chris, TonyH, nickomsk, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Moscow, St Petersburg and other Russian citiesMessage format

Teapot
Posted 2015-02-09 8:24 AM (#63953)
Subject: Hermitage Free Entry Day
New User

Seeking advice about the wisdom of attempting to visit The Hermitage on the first Thursday of the month (free entrance). Anyone ever done it? Queues? Best time of day to go? Thanks!
ploeb
Posted 2015-02-09 2:10 PM (#63956 - in reply to #63953)
Subject: Re: Hermitage Free Entry Day

yeh i did in summer a couple of years ago. Would have got there about 9 or 9.30 cos I went on the metro with my wife, same time as she was going to work. Didnt queue for long, no problem.
simon
Posted 2015-02-11 7:01 PM (#63970 - in reply to #63956)
Extreme Veteran

My wife and daughter went last Thursday. Arrived at 9.00, and pretty much walked straight in. When they left, she said there was 2 queue's running around the Palace square. Go early seems to be key.
Snokie
Posted 2017-04-23 3:05 PM (#90445 - in reply to #63953)
New User

I guess you need to be up early cause I remember passing by Hermitage on the free entrance day there was a huge queue stretching up to the centre of Dvortsovaya square. We decided not to go. Get there at least 7:30-8:00
Mathias
Posted 2019-03-04 12:57 PM (#117626 - in reply to #63953)
New User

I remember visiting the Hermitage for free on Wednesday if I'm not mistaken. And yea it's better to go over there early in the morning otherwise there's a chance not to come in. And we also took the excursion to Kronshtadt here https://petersburg.expert/tour/tour-to-kronshtadt/ if case you need it. Really recommend it couse I'd never seen before the places like this one

Edited by Mathias 2019-03-04 12:59 PM
Valkyrie13
Posted 2019-03-15 11:51 AM (#118140 - in reply to #63953)
New User

St. Petersburg can only be described in one word: gorgeous. Everything in the city is historic and well-preserved: if I am not wrong there are special laws preventing the building of skyscrapers that would ruin St. Petersburg's historic skyline. The last time we visited the city, we went to see Hermitage, and Pavlovsk Palace https://petersburg.expert/tour/pavlovsk-palace/
The next time I'll decide to visit St. Petersburg again, the places to visit are Amber Room and Mariinsky Theatre.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)