Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A spoken word is not a sparrow. Once it flies out, you can't catch it - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Administrator)

Russian residence to avoid visa?
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Living in RussiaMessage format

nacelnik
Posted 2015-06-07 9:42 PM (#64419)
Subject: Russian residence to avoid visa?

Hi,

I am Czech, living currently in the UK with my RU wife. I'd like to travel to RU a bit more often to see my wife's family, so I am thinking if there is any way to avoid getting RU visa by securing perhaps some sort of residence (temp?) in RU through my wife.

Is there any option like that without having to live in RU?

Or are there eventually any other options apart from residence that could help me avoid applying for RU visa all the time?

Many thanks!
Rasboinik
Posted 2015-06-08 2:33 AM (#64420 - in reply to #64419)
Subject: RE: Russian residence to avoid visa?

Expert

nacelnik - 2015-06-08 7:42 AM Hi, I am Czech, living currently in the UK with my RU wife. I'd like to travel to RU a bit more often to see my wife's family, so I am thinking if there is any way to avoid getting RU visa by securing perhaps some sort of residence (temp?) in RU through my wife. Is there any option like that without having to live in RU? Or are there eventually any other options apart from residence that could help me avoid applying for RU visa all the time? Many thanks!

The only way to get a Russian Temporary Residency Permit (TRP) is to live in Russia, there are also many other issues that need to be dealt with before a individual will be granted a Russian TRP, there are also issues that have to be dealt with once a individual has been granted a Russian TRP.

You must have a current visa before you travel to Russia, if you want to travel to Russia quite frequently during a 12 month period the best option is to get a 12 month Multiple Entry Business visa.

The 12 month M/E visa does have a few restrictions.
The restrictions are:

1. A 12 month M/E Business visa holder can only stay in Russia for 180 days during the complete year.
  2. A 12 month M/E business visa holder is also restricted by the 90/180 days rule, the 90/180 days rule states that the M/E business visa holder can only stay in Russia for 90 days over a 180 day period.

For a list of countries that do not require a Russian visa please click this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Russia#Visa-free_entry

nacelnik
Posted 2015-06-08 8:07 PM (#64427 - in reply to #64419)
Subject: Re: Russian residence to avoid visa?

That's not very positive news, but thanks a lot for your help. M/E Business Visa is pretty expensive. I've just did a bit more reading about the TRP and it seems indeed complex. I just wish they renew bilateral talks about visa free travel EU/Russia again...
alex1970
Posted 2015-06-25 2:50 PM (#64511 - in reply to #64427)
Subject: Re: Russian residence to avoid visa?
Veteran

Plus the compulsory Russian language test.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)