Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Nuclear deterrence doesn't work outside of the Russian-U.S. context; Saddam Hussein showed that - General Charles Horner
- (Added by: Chris)

Visa
Moderators: nickomsk, TonyH, Chris, DeaconStreet

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Visas -> Visa registrationMessage format

Davidandnastya
Posted 2015-12-29 4:35 AM (#65685)
Subject: Visa
New User

Hi everyone
We have been reading all the posts regarding visa applications and find it really confusing with our situation.

I am a uk citizen living in France for the last year I have a house in limoux and a income from property rental in the uk.
I have a Russian girlfriend for the last 18 months and she has had 3 visas visiting France ,in between her visits we have had to travel to other countries to be together.we are now in Indonesia until March and then she has another 3 months on her visitors visa.
We are planning to get married we are happy to do this in Indonesia or France.
My question is do we have to get married in France and how can we obtain a visa so she can live with me permanently in France.
We don't mind where we have to go just as long as we can be together.we even will consider selling the house in France and buying elsewhere.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I have spoken to 2 lawyers on the phone who just take your money and give no real solution because I am not a French national.
Regards
David & Nastya
Mel
Posted 2015-12-29 5:59 AM (#65686 - in reply to #65685)
Subject: RE: Visa

Expert

Davidandnastya - 2015-12-29 9:35 AM Hi everyone We have been reading all the posts regarding visa applications and find it really confusing with our situation. I am a uk citizen living in France for the last year I have a house in limoux and a income from property rental in the uk. I have a Russian girlfriend for the last 18 months and she has had 3 visas visiting France ,in between her visits we have had to travel to other countries to be together.we are now in Indonesia until March and then she has another 3 months on her visitors visa. We are planning to get married we are happy to do this in Indonesia or France. My question is do we have to get married in France and how can we obtain a visa so she can live with me permanently in France. We don't mind where we have to go just as long as we can be together.we even will consider selling the house in France and buying elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas? I have spoken to 2 lawyers on the phone who just take your money and give no real solution because I am not a French national. Regards David & Nastya

Hi, and welcome to our forum to you both..

One would presume David, that you have a Residence permit for living in France, and can prove an income etc, if that is so, you can marry in France if you so wish, and your lady can enter to France under different rules than those which the UK sets, and for virtually no cost..

We have a member on here who goes by the name of WIZ, he is our resident guru on this subject, and he would be able to talk you through the whole simple process, suggest that you drop him a pm, he can be found under the user listings above..

If he does not respond in a reasonable time, please let me know, as I can e-mail him and ask his advice for you..

HTH 

Davidandnastya
Posted 2015-12-29 6:53 AM (#65688 - in reply to #65685)
Subject: Re: Visa
New User

Hi Mel
Thank you for such a quick reply and info, I have not got a residence permit I just bought the house and have lived there, but I will try and contact WIZ and see what he says.
Thanks again
D&N
Rasboinik
Posted 2015-12-29 10:17 AM (#65689 - in reply to #65688)

Expert

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Please click this link   http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/citizenship/docs/guide_free_movement_low.pdf   to read about the EU Directive 2004/38/EC which should give you information about your wife (after you marry your G/F) being able to live with you in France

wiz
Posted 2015-12-29 11:16 AM (#65690 - in reply to #65685)
Subject: RE: Visa

Expert

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.

David

Read an download the following document:

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/document/files/com_2013_837_free-movement_en.pdf

Wiz
Rasboinik
Posted 2015-12-29 12:40 PM (#65692 - in reply to #65689)

Expert

Rasboinik - 2015-12-29 8:17 PM Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Please click this link   http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/citizenship/docs/guide_free_movement_low.pdf   to read about the EU Directive 2004/38/EC which should give you information about your wife (after you marry your G/F) being able to live with you in France

David Scroll down to Page 6 (Chapter 2) of the document in the link above.

HTH

honeybuzzard
Posted 2018-05-04 8:01 AM (#93272 - in reply to #65685)

Nice and thanks for sharing this visa information.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)