Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Chris)

Campervan from Helsinki to St Petersburg
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Accomodation, trains, planes and automobilesMessage format

jctech012
Posted 2016-02-15 2:04 PM (#65855)
Subject: Campervan from Helsinki to St Petersburg
New User

Hi,
I am planning a trip around the Baltic sea this summer, and would like to go via St Petersburg if possible (as opposed to ferry Helsinki-Tallinn)
I have read about this being done by others in their own vehicles, however we will be in a rented campervan!!
Will this be an issue when obtaining the temporary Russian permit for the vehicle?
Always assuming the additional insurance from the hire company isn't prohibitive.

If possible we would travel Helsinki to St Petersburg, 2-3 days then to
1 Estonia
2 Moscow then Belarus

Thanks in advance for any advice
y-ola
Posted 2016-02-15 9:09 PM (#65857 - in reply to #65855)
Subject: Re: Campervan from Helsinki to St Petersburg

Elite Veteran

you will find it most unlikley that a rented vehicle is allowed out of its country of registration in the small print of the contract
jctech012
Posted 2016-02-21 3:37 PM (#65902 - in reply to #65855)
New User

Thanks for the reply. I think we will just use the train from Helsinki to St Petersburg and Moscow.
Janie Cat
Posted 2016-04-22 8:40 AM (#66622 - in reply to #65855)
New User

Well, glad I found this thread as this changes my plan completely then! I was actually thinking of doing something very similar. I am based in Germany but have always wanted to travel to St Petersburg. At first I was going to take the train, as that seems like the easiest option. But then I found this company https://www.campanda.com/, and I thought it would be really fun to drive through Germany and then over to Russia. I've got about a month to travel, so I have time. I hadn't thought about the fact that I might not be able to take a rented vehicle out of its country of registeration ... which is strange because I was sure I've heard of people doing this before. Are you sure this is the case?
Has anyone ever taken the train from Berlin to Moscow? I had it's cool but I'm a bit nerous to be honest!
Chris
Posted 2016-04-22 10:23 AM (#66624 - in reply to #65855)

Expert

Best to check with the company directly, some do and some don't. Within the EU this is not a problem, to a state like Russia you may need permission.
Janie Cat
Posted 2016-04-25 8:09 AM (#66630 - in reply to #66622)
New User

oops I got it wrong. The company is actually called Campanda - has anyone used them before?
Janie Cat
Posted 2016-04-25 8:09 AM (#66631 - in reply to #66624)
New User

Oh ok thank you! I will get in touch with the company, thanks for your help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)