Menu

RealRussia Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins |
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Don't buy the house; buy the neighborhood - Russian Proverb
- (Added by: Administrator)

Problems sending money from uk to Russia
Moderators: DeaconStreet, nickomsk, TonyH, Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Real Russia -> Practicalities and adviceMessage format

francisptsipk
Posted 2016-05-13 2:35 PM (#66782)
Subject: Problems sending money from uk to Russia
New User

Help Please

I am buying a property in Russia.

But I am having terrible problems with organising a bank transfer of funds.

I have a ruble current account in Moscow.

I have been trying to use 4 different money brokers. All of them were VERY suspicious of my intentions. One interrogated me for some time and clearly did not believe why I was sending money to Russia.

The others have asked for masses of information and not yet agreed to accept me as a client. One let slip that my - very unusual - name had 'come up' for some reason.

I have had to provide evidence of work over the past 3 years. Bank statements for a year. Reasons for buying the property. Date of Birth. Passport photocopy. Explanations as to why I have visited Russia in the past. etc.

I have never had a bad debt. I live in a respectable area and have lived in the same house for 35 years. I have had the same bank account for 40 years with NatWest. My savings come from a legitimate source - my redundancy lump sum.

Can anyone please offer some helpful advice? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Mel
Posted 2016-05-13 3:11 PM (#66783 - in reply to #66782)
Subject: RE: Problems sending money from uk to Russia

Expert

francisptsipk - 2016-05-13 7:35 PM Help Please I am buying a property in Russia. But I am having terrible problems with organising a bank transfer of funds. I have a ruble current account in Moscow. I have been trying to use 4 different money brokers. All of them were VERY suspicious of my intentions. One interrogated me for some time and clearly did not believe why I was sending money to Russia. The others have asked for masses of information and not yet agreed to accept me as a client. One let slip that my - very unusual - name had 'come up' for some reason. I have had to provide evidence of work over the past 3 years. Bank statements for a year. Reasons for buying the property. Date of Birth. Passport photocopy. Explanations as to why I have visited Russia in the past. etc. I have never had a bad debt. I live in a respectable area and have lived in the same house for 35 years. I have had the same bank account for 40 years with NatWest. My savings come from a legitimate source - my redundancy lump sum. Can anyone please offer some helpful advice? It would be most appreciated. Thanks

Have you considered a swift transfer from your bank in the UK, to your bank in Russia??

Its the way that I always use, but probably not for as much a sum as you are indicating.

Never had any problem yet.... "Touch wood"..

HTH 

francisptsipk
Posted 2016-05-13 4:07 PM (#66785 - in reply to #66782)
Subject: Re: Problems sending money from uk to Russia
New User

Thanks Mel

Yes, I was going to use my bank in England but they are much more expensive than the money broker type people.

And anyway I think I need to provide the same information - even though I have been with them for40 years- and also I need all of the special info for the transfer:

INN code - I do NOT understand -is there a generic one for each bank or is it linked to a person
KIO code - I do NOT understand
KPP code - I do NOT understand- is there a generic one for each bank or is it linked to a person
VO currency operation code - IO do NOT understand
VAT status - I do NOT understand

I would be especially interested if anyone can help with those details. All of which a broker told me was needed for swift.

I think the previous person who asked this question came across some of these issues but I am not sure if they were fully resolved.

Mel
Posted 2016-05-13 9:13 PM (#66786 - in reply to #66785)

Expert

francisptsipk - 2016-05-13 9:07 PM Thanks Mel Yes, I was going to use my bank in England but they are much more expensive than the money broker type people. And anyway I think I need to provide the same information - even though I have been with them for40 years- and also I need all of the special info for the transfer: INN code - I do NOT understand -is there a generic one for each bank or is it linked to a person KIO code - I do NOT understand KPP code - I do NOT understand- is there a generic one for each bank or is it linked to a person VO currency operation code - IO do NOT understand VAT status - I do NOT understand I would be especially interested if anyone can help with those details. All of which a broker told me was needed for swift. I think the previous person who asked this question came across some of these issues but I am not sure if they were fully resolved.

Which bank are you with in Russia and which city/branch.

Tell me by pm if you wish.. 

karmanek
Posted 2019-05-07 10:45 PM (#119397 - in reply to #66782)
New User

Experienced same issue... Russians still remain counter-West...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)